Fun Things You Will Enjoy Painting!
*Animals, landscapes, seascapes, nature, and Seasonal scenes.
Skills You Will Learn!
*Perspective, Composition, Color Theory, Drawing, Color Wheel and Mixing Paint.
Career Education Center
Summer Creativity Camp 2019
Popular computer classes for Summer Camp include:
Small Basic, Java Script, Advanced Word, Tynker, Alice 3D Graphics Programming and Web Design.
Impress your teachers and friends when you return to school in the fall with your new computer skills!
Have fun exploring your computer while learning new skills!
June 3rd, 10th, 17th June 5th, 12th, 19th
July 8th, 15th, 22nd July 10th, 17th, 24th
9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Hope to see you at Summer Camp!!
CEC now offers ACT Test Prep classes at Summer Camp.
· Diagnostics Test to help students quickly identify their weakness.
· Speed Reading to help with reading section of the ACT.
· Hands on ACT practice tests and skill builders to improve weak areas in English, math, science and reading skills.
Please visit our website at: careereducationcenter.net
924 Jeff Road
Huntsville, Alabama 35806
Call for more information: 256-895-8394
1. Basic Programming Introduction to Small Basic
· Write your first program
· Introduce variables and create loops
· Explore conditions and branching
· Explore about graphics
· Experience fun with shapes
· Use properties and operations
· Learn subroutines and create arrays
· Use event signals and Interactivity
2. Word for Kids
Students will learn to:
Open and save documents
Use alignment buttons
Change font face, size and color
Create bulleted and numbered paragraphs
Set margins and tabs
Spell Checkrint documents
3. Alice 3D Programming
4. Advanced Word
· Setting margins
· Inserting page breaks
· Inserting headers and footers
· Using footnote and endnotes
· Inserting cross-references
· Creating and modifying an index
· Creating a table of figures
· Creating a bibliography
· Creating a table of authorities
5. Web Design
· Creating hyperlinks to E-mail addresses
· Using web page graphics
· Arranging elements
· Using graphic images with hyper-links
· Creating your own website
· Editing your completed website
· Looking at your web page in HTML
· Visiting your own website
6. Advanced Excel
· Functions to predict Forecast, Trend and Growth
· PMT Function, One-Input and Two-Input data tables
· Goal Seek and Solver
· VLOOKUP and HLOOUP functions
· PivotTables and PivotCharts
7. Powerpoint for Kids
Open and close a file and exit PowerPoint
Insert new slides
Switch to slides pane
Insert pictures and type in text boxes
Insert word art
Move, copy and delete slides
Add transitions, effects, sound and slide timings
Alice 3D Graphics Programming Class
This is our most popular computer class this semester.
* Students learn fundamental programming concepts to create animated movies and video games.
* Students learn to create and work with 3D objects.
* Students drag and drop graphic tiles to create their own program.
* Students gain experience with all programming constructs taught in a programming course.
Make a great score on your ACT Test.
CEC Students have had great success in improving their scores by taking the ACT Test prep class.
ACT Test Prep Class
* Use ACT computer software to improve weak areas in math and English.
* Use ACT hands on practice tests.
* Learn speed reading to improve your ACT score
* Improve rhetorical skills such as strategy, organization and style.
To see our schedule please go to Class Schedule page.
The price for the course is $75.
Schedule For ACT Test Prep Classes at CEC
Class: Date: Time:
ACT Test Prep Class Mon April 1st, 8th, 15th 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
ACT Test Prep Class Tues April 2nd, 9th, 16th 9:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
ACT Test Prep Class Wed April 3rd, 10th, 17th 9:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
ACT Test Prep Class Mon. June 3rd,4th,5th 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Career Education Center provides short-term training programs for home school students. Every student is special to us and we encourage every child to reach their full potential.
CEC provides flexible schedules, small classes and personalized instruction for every student.
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Small Basic are very valuable classes for students planning to go to college.
We Specialize in Classes for Home School Students!
Kids have fun while exploring the world of computers!
Valuable Classes for Elementary and Middle School Students
Please Call 256 895-8394 if you want to made a reservation for one of these classes.
Scratch teaches 21st century skills: coding, critical thinking, problem solving.
Teaches students to code with interactive lessons and projects.
Scratch uses code blocks where students learn to build simple games and use animated characters to tell stories.
STUDENTS HAVE FUN AND LEARN AT THE SAME TIME!
Small Basic is the most popular class in the computer science package.
Small Basic is a programming language that is designed to make programming extremely easy and fun for beginners
Students will have fun learning the following:
Writing their First Program
Introducing variables and creating loops
Learning conditions and branching
Learning about graphics
Having fun with shapes
Learning properties and operations
Learning subroutines and creating arrays
Using event signals and interactivity
Using Editor to create programs
Analyzing your programs
Learning rules for naming your variables
Handling multiple events
Art For Kids
Apply Brush Techniques
Use Color Theory
Practice Drawing Skills
* Place your imagination and dreams on canvas!
Fun Things You Will Enjoy Painting!
Painting a Portrait of your Special Pet
Painting a Picture of your Favorite Landscape
924 Jeff Road
Huntsville, AL 35806
Call for more Information (256) 895-8394
Word for Kids
Students will Learn to:
*Open and save documents
*Use alignment buttons
*Change font face, size and color
*Create bulleted and numbered paragraphs
*Set margins and tabs
Below is examples of student art:
Excel for Kids
*Manage a workbook
*Create a worksheet
*Move around in a worksheet
*Use copy and paste
*Use the auto sum button
*Add and delete columns and rows
*Use basic formulas and Functions.
PowerPoint for Kids
*Open and close a file and exit PowerPoint
*Insert new slides
*Switch to slides pane
*Insert images and type in text boxes
*Insert word art
*Move, copy and delete slides
*Add transitions effects, sound and slide timings
924 Jeff Road Huntsville, AL 35806
Phone: 256 895-8394 Home School Branch